Monday, June 14, 2010

Father's Day

I am so grateful for all of the Father's in my life. 

I love my Dad very much and I am grateful for the example he set for me and the love and support he has always given. I appreciate his forgiveness. I love that he is creative, thoughtful and humorous. I love that he loves my Mom. He is an awesome example to his children. I am grateful that he went on a Mission, does his Home Teaching and respects his Priesthood Authority.

I love Brian's Dad. What a great Father-in-law! I love that he lives on a tropical island that I have been blessed to visit. I love that he is adventurous, loves all people and is very willing to serve. I love that he teaches and cares about his students. He is a great example to his sons and daughters. I am grateful that he went on a Mission, serves his callings well and respects his Priesthood Authority.

I love my Grandpa Doty. I am grateful that he joined the church and was sealed to my Grandmother. I am grateful that he served his country. I love that he is so passionate about Family History and involves me in the work. I love that he is a frequent Temple worker and that he respects his Priesthood Authority.

I love my Grandpa Rackham. I have always been impressed with his open heart. He really loves everyone. I am grateful that he set a good example for my father. I love his smile. I am grateful the he served his country I really appreciate his respect for the Gospel and his Priesthood Authority.

I love my Husband!!! He is my best friend. I am so lucky to be sealed to him for all time and eternity. I love that he went on a Mission and remains missionary minded. I appreciate his willingness to serve. He has been a great Father and I love seeing his joy in his children. I love that he has traveled and desires to show me the world. I love that he knows how to dance and never said no to a first date. I appreciate the sacrifices he makes to be a part of our family and for the time he puts into furthering his education for the betterment of our family. I love that he loves going to the Temple and that the Gospel is so important to him that it is just a part of who he is. I really appreciate that he brings the Priesthood into our home and that he understands and respects that authority. I really appreciate that he treats me as his equal and his partner in all matters. He is a great example for our children. 

I have been blessed to have great men in my life. I know that this is early, but Brian will not be around for Father's day so we had a mini celebration today. We had steak, brownies and ice cream. We will miss him very much but are grateful that he recognizes answered prayers and the importance of following His will. 

I love you, Brian!!!!


No comments: