Saturday, November 14, 2009

Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

I have been trying to eat better but still enjoy the flavors. I got this recipe from my daily Hungry Girl email. It has only two ingredients: pumpkin and chocolate cake mix. It is so easy to make and doesn't taste that bad.

1 box devil’s food cake mix
1 can solid pack pumpkin (15 oz.)


Directions:
Mix the two ingredients together. Don't add anything else that may be mentioned on the box, such as eggs, oil, or water. The mixture will be very thick and you will be tempted to add in other things to make the batter smoother. DO NOT DO THIS AS IT WILL RUIN EVERYTHING! Place batter into muffin tins (or mini muffin tins) lined with paper, or sprayed with non-stick spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Makes 12 regular or 36 mini muffins.


1 comment:

Katie staten said...

I'll have to try this. I've made a variation using white cake mix, and also spice cake mix, but then I always add chocolate chips. Maybe if I use the chocolate cake mix Luke will just think they're regular brownies and eat them. (He's not especially fond of pumpkin- I have to agree in most forms, but I do love a good pumpkin muffin or pumpkin chocolate chip cookie).