Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What's For Dinner?


I had Alexis work on writing while I prepared dinner. I got this exercise from Confessions of a Homeschooler. I have been getting a lot of great ideas on keeping Alexis busy and away from Ellie while I need to do other things. They are also challenging and fun. If you want to see more check out Lexi's blog.


Today I made Turkey Mini Meatloaves. This is the second time I made them. The first time Brian had no idea that there was zucchini in it. This time he knew and ate them anyways. I think he even had three. He says he doesn't like zucchini so I have to hide it some how. We are not bad about eating veggies. I just like to change it up and it gets Ellie to eat better and more varied foods.

You can see the steam coming off of the plate. Yum. Of course we had to have potatoes so I made pearls. Brian loves potato pearls even though he was raised in Idaho.


I thought that this was funny so I took a picture. This is Brian eating the rest of the pearls right off of the serving spoon wearing his Ricks shirt. Feel the Idaho love.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

That is pretty funny. I still remember the picture of him standing next to the sign saying our potatoes today are from Rexburg, Id. Oh, and everyone else has a blog so I thought that I might start one that people actually go to( I had another one already). It's at jennarackham.blogspot.com.

Unknown said...

I'm making turkey meatloaf this week as well. I may have to try this recipe instead of the regular recipe I have and am just substituting ground turkey for the beef.

Also I see your using Jennie-O Turkey...did you know they have frozen ground turkey (it is a store brand or off brand) for like $1.50 a lb. So much cheaper than the Jennie-o and we found it taste about the same especially if your mixing it in things like meatloaf, chili, or a casserole.

It took me a while before I found it, even the guy at Meijer's was like "no, this is all we have" talking about the jennie-o brand. But I later found it in the frozen doors with the veggie burgers.