Tuesday, May 18, 2010

New science education resources blog

Last night a friend asked me for some resources for science curriculum because his sister home schools her children and has difficulty finding good curriculum. I've received other requests in the past from parents who home school. I've never really had much useful accessible information all in one place that I can give them. Leah and I were talking about it and she suggested that I could market science professional development to parents who home school. That sounded great, but I'm trying to get my dissertation proposal done and search for jobs at the moment so it won't happen right away. However it did get me thinking about putting a lot of the resources I have collected all in one place so I could send inquirers there and they could have access to a lot of varied help rather than just doing a dreaded Google search. So I started the Junior Science World blog. I'm excited to be able to share this resource and develop it in my spare time. Please remember it is a work in progress so I hope you won't expect too much at first, but I'm happy with the way it is turning out so far. Happy science trails.

No comments: