Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Talk


Today I gave a talk in Sacrament. I had heard that the original speaker was ill so I volunteered. I prayed for guidance as to what Heavenly Father would have me say. I kept thinking about a question that someone had asked me. This friend had asked me why other people in other churches seem to be happier.

Here is the talk I gave. Keep in mind that all that I had said in Sacrament is not here because I was prompted to say other things and I did not write them down or remember what I said. I also write my talks more like notes instead of a word for word speech.

I felt the Spirit so strongly when I was speaking. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to speak. I know that some of the members were touched. I am grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know that this is the true church and we get to enjoy the blessings of the full gospel of Jesus Christ.

Thank you Mom and Dad for not giving up on me.

No comments: