Sunday, March 14, 2010

What I have been doing


I have been busy trying new things and developing talents. I made this mac & cheese concoction the other day. I made my own cheese sauce with half sharp cheddar and half Monterrey jack, added sweet turkey sausage, and some diced tomatoes. I served it with corn. Brian and I mixed the corn in and it made it just right. Sounds weird but I was using what I had on hand.

I seem to have an abundance of grocery bags. I use them for garbage bags in the bathroom and in our room. I also use them to dispose of Lexi's diapers. I got tired of not having a place for them so I made two of these holders. I used burlap and cut up woman's stocking. I also used freezer paper to make a stencil and then painted the word on them. I think they are pretty neat. I will be doing more freezer paper stencils in the future.

I forgot to take a before picture of this chair. This was a little metal folding chair that we saw at a thrift store. Ellie was taken with it and it was only two dollars. So I picked it up and then spray painted it and then mod podged a piece of scrapbook paper on the seat. Ellie loves it and I like it too.

I made this boppy cover all by myself. I took a cover that I had and used that for a pattern. I sewed my first zipper. It took me awhile to figure that out, but I did it and I was so proud. I gave this to a friend who blessed their son last Sunday. He is so beautiful!

I made this two days later. Another friend of mine had her first baby last Saturday. She really wants to work on breastfeeding. So in supporting that decision I made her a cover. I really like mine. I got the directions from this website.

I have a bunch of other things that I am working on. I will share them when I am done. Mikey is growing and just started clicking his tongue. Ellie might be on the verge of potty training. Alexis continues to love her grandmas and all the activities. We miss our family very much and we love you.

No comments: